Healthcare has a unique and very complex set of challenges when it comes to information management, including:
- Improving patient care with consumer-focused marketing and communications. In addition, ensuring interoperability of health records across providers, and continuity of care over time and across specialties.
- Ensuring a high degree of data integrity to support the sharing of clinical, patient, medical, and pharmaceutical information.
- Managing the secure transmission of protected patient data across disparate source systems like EHRs, Revenue Cycle, Registration, Clinical Fulfillment Systems, ePrescribing, and more.
- Mitigating risks and costs associated with increased data volume and complexity from a multitude of sources.
- Implementing policies and procedures to maintain compliance in a continually shifting regulatory environment.
With intense pressure to cut costs and provide the best care possible to patients, healthcare leaders recognize that they must transform their data management systems. In fact, this will enable them to respond to rapid change and deliver tangible clinical and business benefits to their stakeholders.
Here’s how the right Master Data Management system can enable healthcare companies to leverage their data for optimal clinical and financial outcomes.
1. Improve Patient Care and Engagement
With a single platform for data integration, management, and analytics, you can:
- Protect confidentiality while utilizing data insights to optimize healthcare resources and outcomes.
- Build relationships with patients that enable you to focus on their needs, take health history into account, and speed proper diagnoses and treatment.
- Create continuity of care by ensuring that providers are all on the same page as clinical recommendations are carried out over time and across specialties.
2. Achieve Interoperability
With APIs for connecting all systems regardless of source, healthcare organizations can:
- Enable end-to-end empowerment: Give every provider, specialist, and staff member the insight they need to support every step of the patient journey.
- Accelerate Systems Interoperability: Coordinate data across all member and external organizations, pharmacies, insurance companies, and patient portals with the flexibility to provide enterprise-wide connectivity for those that need it.
- Streamline M&A: Onboard new providers and integrate patient and provider data into a single clinical record – all while reducing costs and accelerating timelines.
3. Reduce Costs
Say goodbye to managing multiple data systems and sources. With Semarchy’s unified data platform you can:
- Integrate any data source: Reduce data redundancy by eliminating the IT, administrative, and financial burden of managing multiple data sources and software systems.
- Improve business planning and agility: Improve capacity planning, forecasting, and budgeting while reducing direct and indirect auditing costs with centralized management of all data.
- Achieve a holistic view of financial and clinical health: Prevent costly change management programs and embrace intelligent, informed growth and expansion with increased traceability and transparency for improved business continuity, forecasting, and planning.
4. Improve Compliance and Security
Drive consistency in your data to reduce errors and increase safety with tools to:
- Adapt to changing regulations and requirements: With a centralized data platform, you can maintain compliance and adapt quickly to changing requirements as they are published without impacting operational systems, including HIPAA and GDPR.
- Achieve Best-in-Class Security: Duplicate records contribute to quality, cost, and safety issues, while data breaches are expensive and can cause lasting damage. Moreover, organizations can create complex record survivorship rules, approval workflows, federated data stewardship, and a flexible, configurable data management system to “watch” for shared identifiers and alert data integrity, HIM, and patient safety staff in real-time.
- Ensure quality of care compliance: Prevent inaccuracies with a single source of identity data for all patient records, manage all compliance documentation and record keeping for all entities, industry, and quality standards, ensure data validation and easily governed semantic consistency across the enterprise – all in a secure, single accessible database.
5. Support Clinical and Financial Health for Your Entire Organization:
With the Semarchy unified data platform, you can develop applications for any business vertical with customizable workflows and interfaces driven by your data and optimized to support your goals:
- Enable quality care experiences with data: When you know what patients are experiencing, you can provide just-in-time care to support better health. Healthcare and financial administrators can investigate care quality and manage population health or measure financial performance with ease.
- Support customer preferences and privacy: Self-service portals, online appointment scheduling or billing, smartphone alerts, virtual consultations via video chat, and patient self-monitoring are all part of enhanced client engagement. Achieving this requires a single trusted view of all client data that supports consumer preferences and enforces individual privacy and consent directives.
- Improve business planning and agility: Improve capacity planning, forecasting, and budgeting while preventing costly change management programs. Embrace intelligent, informed growth and expansion with increased traceability and transparency for improved business continuity, forecasting, and planning.
Today, the demand to include new data domains (e.g., Providers, Organizations, and Locations) and integrate data from outside sources (other health systems, public health data, or reference data) is growing exponentially. Enterprise EHR vendors promised a “single view of the patient,” but challenges remain particularly when it comes to external sources of data and interoperability initiatives.
Say goodbye to partial solutions, work-arounds, and data silos. Leverage the power of Semarchy’s unified data platform, a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic QuadrantTM for Master Data Management Solutions (MDM), improves traditional and emerging healthcare data challenges and opportunities.
Our unified data platform brings together information across applications so that it can be managed, leveraged, and integrated across the enterprise – without the burden and expense of managing multiple, siloed systems, giving you the ability to satisfy multiple stakeholders across all clinical and business entities.