Semarchy is looking for a technical pre-sales systems engineer to join our growing customer success team. You should have a passion for working in the B2B enterprise data space, demonstrating, adapting and proving the value of data-based technology to solve pressing business challenges.
You’ll be working alongside our sales team, with current and prospective Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Governance (DG) clients across the country. Serve customers by identifying their needs, building effective demonstrations, running Proof of Value exercises, and using your technical prowess align customer needs with product benefits. Measures of success include new customer acquisition rates, renewal rates, up-selling, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall sales team and business success.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a systems/sales engineering position, with consistent solid performance and great teamwork. Adaptability, ingenuity, candor and flexibility are required as this role requires an individual who can perform a wide range of tasks.
- Join a highly-skilled highly-motivated team
- Work in a small start-up environment where you can make a direct impact
- Opportunity for advancement in a quickly growing company
- Partner with sales to plan, prepare and execute strategically to encourage prospective enterprise clients to invest in our innovative MDM solution
- Understand client requirements to best support them and provide optimally configured solutions
- Model the logical business case associated with each client opportunity to successfully match and modify requirements to proposed solutions
- Create and deliver powerful technical presentations and demonstrations that clearly explain our solution
- Evangelize the uniqueness of our value proposition
- Manage technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Aid in the implementation of client solutions (cloud, on-premises, etc.)
- Recommend improvements, understanding how best to employ our software to meet client needs
- Effectively communicate and represent the needs of clients to development and support organizations
- Collect and document competitive intelligence
- Liaise with partners across our channel organization
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent (Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field)
- 5+ years’ experience in system engineering and/or IT support required
- Experience in administration and performance tuning of data-based applications
- Knowledge of database, SQL, analytics, business intelligence solutions
- Comfort selling into global-1000 organizations, managing multiple projects and deadlines across time zones and teams
- Proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives
- Solid cloud experience (AWS, Azure, Hybrid, Private, etc.)
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Solid technical background. Important technologies include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills
- Willingness to travel (~40%)
Reports to: VP, Customer Success (Customer Success Team)
Location: Open to any major US city/area
Email a recent resume, in addition to your LinkedIn profile URL to email@example.com
Be sure to include a cover letter, telling us why you feel the role is a great fit for you!
NOTE to recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes!