Senior Pre-Sales Technical Consultant
Semarchy is looking for a seasoned technical pre-sales consultant to join our growing customer success team. You should have a passion for working in the B2B enterprise data space, demonstrating, adapting and proving the value of data-based technology to solve pressing business challenges.
You’ll be working alongside our seasoned French sales team, with current and prospective MDM and Data Governance clients across the country. Working with our long-standing partners, and cultivating new relationships will be an important part or your role. Serve customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of solutions, building effective demonstrations, running Proof of Value exercises, and using your technical prowess align customer needs with product benefits. Measures of success include your solution uptake, new customer acquisition rates, renewal and expansion rates, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall sales team and business success.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales consultant position, with consistent solid performance and great teamwork. Adaptability, ingenuity, candor and flexibility are required as this role requires an individual who can perform a wide range of tasks.
- Partner with sales to plan, prepare and execute strategically to encourage prospective enterprise clients to invest in our innovative MDM Solution
- Understand client requirements to best support them and provide optimally customized solutions
- Create and deliver powerful technical presentations and demonstrations that clearly explain our solution
- Co-ordinate and deliver Proof of Value (PoV) exercises
- Evangelize the uniqueness of our value proposition
- Manage technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Become a Trusted Advisor to clients
- Aid the smooth transition of a customer from pre-sales to post-sales implementation
- Provide some technical support to existing and new customers
- Effectively communicate and represent the needs of clients to development and support organizations
- Collect and document competitive intelligence
- Liaise with partners across our channel organization
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent (Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field)
- 5+ years’ experience in software pre-sales
- Good working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Mastery in selling into global-1000 organizations, managing multiple projects and deadlines across time zones and teams
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills
- Willingness to travel (~40%)
- Proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives
- Solid technical background – understanding/experience with enterprise software
- Oracle database, PL/SQL skills
- Java, Linux, Web Service skills
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, Hybrid, Private, etc.)
- Masters Degree or equivalent in a related field
Reports to: Country Manager, France
Email a recent resume, in addition to your LinkedIn profile URL to email@example.com
Be sure to include a cover letter, telling us why you feel the role is a great fit for you!
NOTE to recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes!