Reference Code: 22-108
NOTE: This is a Remote US position, with EST time-zone preferred.
About the Role
Semarchy is making Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, and Integration exciting again. Our founders have a long history of delivering innovation. So it’s no surprise that we approached data management in a fundamentally different way from traditional products. Data can be discovered, mastered, governed, and centrally managed in a non-intrusive way. xDM is natively available on most popular cloud marketplaces, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, with the same features as the on-premises platform.
Semarchy is a privately-owned company, part of the Providence Strategic Growth portfolio. It was founded in 2011 and headquartered in Phoenix, USA, with offices in the United Kingdom and Lyon, France.
Semarchy is hiring a Technical Solutions Consultant, Database Tuning. This Technical Solutions Consultant will build deep knowledge in the Database Tuning area of our product, develop thought leadership on best practices, and drive customer engagement. Responsibilities will include a broad range of customer-facing, technical expertise such as supporting Database inquiries during pre-sales cycles, consulting with current customers on advanced Database topics, coaching the Support team on how to resolve complex tickets, and collaborating with the Training team to build enablement materials.
You will be part of the Customer Success team and will be reporting directly to the Manager of Expert Services. You will be working closely with Pre-Sales, Consulting, Client Success, Support, and Product team members at Semarchy. This role is a fully remote opportunity, but is preferred to be working from the East Coast of the United States as they will be supporting our US customers full-time, but as needed providing technical guidance to our EMEA counterparts.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of clients to improve overall success and satisfaction
- Become Semarchy’s Database Tuning subject matter expert (“SME”): Be the client-facing Semarchy Database Tuning SME and support both prospects and customers with any inquiries related to Infrastructure and Semarchy architecture throughout a customer’s journey, including but not limited to:
- Data architecture recommendation and setup
- Database tuning & sizing
- Query and index optimization
- Deliver Semarchy Expert Services: Become an SME on Semarchy xDM (we will train you) and assist our customers by providing short-in-time but high-in-value consulting engagements
- Engage with customers throughout Semarchy journey: Partner with all Semarchy client-facing teams, including Pre-Sales, Consulting, Client Success, and Support, to facilitate Database discussions
- Consult customers: Advise customers on Database best practices and support them to maximize the value they are getting from Semarchy
- Troubleshoot complex Database Tuning inquiries: Partner with the Support team on advanced Database inquiries related to Semarchy and coach the Support team on how best to resolve
- Channel learnings back to the product team: Listen and be the voice of the customer regarding Database needs. Partner closely with the Product team to ensure Infrastructure learnings are factored into the product roadmap
- Create thought leadership and documentation: Develop and document best practices to help scale Database tuning knowledge across Semarchy teams and ensure product documentation is updated. Stay current with new Infrastructure technologies as they relate to Semarchy architecture
- Collaborate with Semarchy partners: When needed, support Semarchy partners and coach them on any advanced Database inquiries during customer deployments
- Expert understanding of database performance with which a Semarchy customer may need advice (e.g., index creation, tuning database settings, knowing I/O consuming queries, database sizing, etc.)
- Deep knowledge in at least one of the following database engines: PostgreSQL, Oracle Database, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Very strong technical awareness. Ability to grasp and self-teach new technologies. Passion for becoming a Semarchy xDM and xDI product expert
- Being remote management ready to work with geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Accountability and strong organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional business partnership acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Extra Desired Skills
- Previous experience with master data management
- Prior customer-facing experience and/or a passion for becoming a customer-facing Database Tuning SME at Semarchy
- Applicable certifications for Postgres, Oracle Database, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Deep knowledge of two or more of the following database engines: PostgreSQL, Oracle Database, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Hands-on experience with Semarchy xDM or xDI
- Experience with cloud databases like AWS RDS & Aurora, Azure SQL, GCP Cloud SQL
Benefits & Culture
- Join a highly-skilled highly-motivated team
- Work in a work environment where you can make a direct impact
- Opportunity for advancement in a rapidly growing company
- Competitive compensation plan and benefits (medical, 401K with match, 3 weeks PTO, and holidays)
- Work from home
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), Word, PDF, or HTML version of your resume to email@example.com. The subject field of your email must include Technical Solutions Consultant – Database Tuning (US).
NOTE to recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes!