Lyon, France- November 07, 2011 – Semarchy announced today Convergence for MDM 1.2, the latest version of the evolutionary Master Data Management (MDM) platform that enables organizations to consolidate and enrich master data across all their business domains.
IT Management implements MDM on behalf of the business authorities who need complete trust in their master data across all business domains but cannot justify the timescales or costs involved in a big-bang approach to data governance.
Semarchy Convergence for MDM is an Evolutionary MDM™ Platform that provides reliable and consolidated data for both simple as well as complex master data management initiatives through an iterative approach that enables a data governance strategy to grow incrementally over time.
The Evolutionary MDM™ approach supported by Semarchy Convergence for MDM revolves around three axes:
- Completely non-intrusive: The MDM solution works within the existing end user organization and forces zero IT infrastructure and zero human process change within the end user’s organization. Convergence for MDM uses an automatically generated Convergence Hub™ into which the golden data are enriched, validated and consolidated.
- Accelerates project evolution: Adding new domains and accommodating changes in existing domains is made with simplicity. Version control of data models with the ability of hosting simultaneous versions of the same model within the same master data instance supports these evolutions.
- Controls data evolution: In a complex master data environment it is not just the data model that changes and evolves. The master data – content itself changes. It changes in the source upstream systems that author the master data. It changes because of the addition of a new publishing application. It changes because of new rules that have to be triggered to consolidate this master data into golden data. Master data is versioned and can be accessed as it was at a specific point in time.
Semarchy Convergence for MDM comes with a consistent set of features that enable true Evolutionary MDM™ that evolves at the pace of your business requirements.
- Logical modeling for multiple domains, supporting entities, relationships, complex data types, inheritance, attribute-level security and internationalization. Modeling is done in a Web 2.0 diagram.
- Data certification framework supporting enrichment, standardization, validation, matching, record or field-level consolidation. This framework is extensible using the Open Plug-in Architecture.
- Data and metadata versioning that adapts to the project lifecycle. This feature supports non-disruptive incremental update on production models.
- Non-intrusive Convergence Hub™ automatically generated from the logical model. This hub supports the data certification process and provides APIs – data, web services – for publishing and accessing master data.
- Secured and simple data access using a generated graphical user interface. This customizable interface allows navigating hierarchies, data lineage back to the source as well as duplicates and rejects from the certification process.
- Open and scalable architecture, using the power on a relational database for processing and an optimized and open storage for data versions.
Semarchy Convergence for MDM is available today and can be downloaded from www.semarchy.com.
Semarchy enables organizations to consolidate and enrich master data across all their business domains.
Semarchy Convergence for MDM is an evolutionary MDM platform specifically designed to reduce Master Data Management (MDM) project timescales and costs, for simple as well as complex master data projects.
+33 42 669-1642