Evolutionary MDM brings IT, business users and data stewards together in a platform that support all MDM hub patterns
Lyon, France – 09/05/2012 – The Data Convergence Company, Semarchy today announced the general availability of Semarchy Convergence 1.3, the new version of its Evolutionary MDM Platform. With this release, Semarchy provides new data governance applications and data management workflows capabilities to support all MDM hub patterns.
Data Governance Applications
Business analysts, data stewards and application users using the Semarchy Convergence 1.3 Data Governance Applications can collaborate to govern and access master data as it is now or as it was at any point in time.
Browsing, authoring, validating and managing master data is simple for all users through key features such as:
- Rich Web 2.0 user Interface generated from the logical model definition;
- Complex Business Objects to suit every specific business use-case;
- User-friendly forms, tables and hierarchies enabling intuitive data navigation;
- Rich user experience with customizable views, filtering, sorting and Microsoft Excel integration;
- Data lineage and transparent trace-back to source;
- Management of rejected records and duplicates detected by the certification process;
- Golden data and lineage history accessible on current and past versions;
- Hub Dashboard including ongoing workflows and certification processes, global and detailed master data metrics;
- Role-Based Security supporting highly granular privilege definitions.
“Convergence 1.3 delivers interactive, intuitive and business-friendly applications for master data management, with an approach that speeds up the time from the business requirements to the release,” says FX Nicolas, Senior Director of Product Management at Semarchy. “We built this new release with an understanding that MDM and data governance software should enable short iterative cycles and rapid results. The goal is to bring and keep together business and IT at the data governance table”.
Master Data Management Workflows
Semarchy Convergence 1.3 enables master data governance using human workflows for master data authoring, validation and duplicate records management. Using graphical human workflows, business users, data stewards and data owners can collaborate to contribute to the highest quality content for the master and golden data records.
Semarchy Convergence is enhanced with the following workflow features:
- Graphical design-time and runtime workflows for data entry and duplicate management;
- Collaborative role and user-based task management, supporting automated assignment, claim/un-claim mechanisms and email notifications;
- Shared transaction for user collaboration in a workflow – transactions are isolated from the hub and submitted at workflow completion;
- Certification process and rules enforced on data changed in workflow transactions.
“This new release introduces powerful features for business users and data stewards to safely contribute to the master data. Thanks to workflows and applications, Convergence accelerates the adoption cycle of an MDM initiative and extends it to provide true enterprise-scale governance capabilities”, says Salah Kamel, CEO at Semarchy.
Support for All MDM Hub Patterns
This new release enables Semarchy Convergence to support all hub patterns: registry, consolidation, authoring and hybrid hubs. Convergence 1.3 fully supports mixing different patterns within the same hub as well as evolving from one hub pattern to another.
“We do not believe that a single pattern fits all customers. In addition, the choice of the pattern is not a final choice. Like everything else, it must evolve with the business requirements”, concludes Salah Kamel.
Semarchy Convergence 1.3 is immediately available:
- Visit semarchy.com to learn more about the new release.
- Download a free 30-days fully functional trial of Semarchy Convergence 1.3
- Attend the live events about the new features. Register at semarchy.com/convergence/release_1-3/.
Semarchy enables organizations to consolidate and enrich master data across all their business domains. Semarchy Convergence for MDM is the only Evolutionary MDM platform specifically designed to reduce Master Data Management (MDM) project timescales and costs, for simple as well as complex master data projects.